Thursday, July 15, 2010

Barbershop Quartet: Part 2

The third meeting (and first true rehearsal) of The White Chips was held at Ford's house.  Ford is our musician extraordinaire and has unknowingly been dubbed the Justin Timberlake/Paul McCartney of the group.  Luckily for us there's no Brittany/Yoko in the picture, otherwise all my plans for world wide domination would be in jeopardy.  Check out Ford's awesome studio digs.

 
Ay-yi-yi! That's enough keyboards to start a Styx cover band!

We began our third meeting with some hot tea to loosen the vocal chords.  After listening to some Mitch Miller and getting warmed up we began our first song.  If you recall from Part 1 our first assignment was to individually collect a few song suggestions for the group. At our second meeting Randy, Ford and I democratically created our list of premium jams we felt complemented our unorthodox quartet.  Most of these will remain under wraps until we start preforming, but since I know you're chomping at the bit I'll let you in on the first song that we have decided to tackle. Randy, Ford and I rehearsed this precious gem about brotherly camaraderie.





This fella has every part so well broken down that he even dressed the part of all four characters.  Kudos to you, good sir.  A true inspiration.


4 comments:

hayliebird said...

OMG!! That kid is so amazing. I can't wait to hear the White Chips deliver their tunes here on kipper millsap...
p.s. that bowling alley they shot their video in is in Williamsburg and it's so much fun. if ever you are back in brooklyn you should go, it's called the gutter!
xoxo

sunshine said...

Ok. For some reason, until just RIGHT NOW, I've been calling you "Killer Millsap" in my head.
Ummmm... hmmm. :)

I think that is a winner song! Perfect for the "White Chips". I love that show "Flight of The Conchords". Hilarious. :)

Can't wait to hear more about your group!

((Hugs))
Laura

sunshine said...

P.S. LOL'd for real at the Styx cover band comment.
Ford's studio ROCKS! :)

Anonymous said...

Bravo. These guys are great. But I bet your group can do as well. I can't wait to hear it.