Sunday, November 21, 2010

Christmas Glam

My dear friends, Mark and Donnie, are throwing a holiday bash in their gorgeous, mid-century modern home, and they asked me to decorate for the event.  Considering the setting, their personalities, and their retro invites I quickly settled on a theme:

Glittery-Vintage-Atomic-Christmas-Extravaganza!

Too awkward?

Here's a table centerpiece that I've been working on.  It's a hint of the glam and 50's style that I hope to meld in their space.  I wove strands of ribbon into the grill of an old record holder and embellished the sides with glittery floral arrangements (Michael's was having a sale!).





Vintage Record Holder
It was screaming, "Turn me into a centerpiece!"
  


 Wibbons!
  

Glittery flowers for glittery flower arranging.


Start weaving your wibbons!


Detail of arrangement.


Add some bells and whistles.  Or just bells.



And don't forget the Holiday Jams!  
It is still a record holder after all.




1 comment:

kirsten sparenborg said...

Looks like Nat is loving the kipper glitz.