Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Grey Heaven

This is Zimri Falls Dukes.  He is the son of my good friends Susan Falls and Dare Dukes.  He has cute socks, a mild temperament, and a whole heaping village of wonderful caretakers.  He is perfect and much loved.




And I am oh-so fortunate to be allowed to create a space for Little Zim to reside in.  This is my packet of inspiration for the baby room.  (Click each image for a better glance.)  This packet outlines the concept for the room and describes just how I propose we do it.  The first step is paint the room, taking it from bright yellow to a neutral grey.


This is Dare and Susan's old yoga room.  It was bright.  It was yellow.  It is no more.  Goodbye yoga room.  Make way for Zim.




I knew from the get go that I wanted to paint the walls of the baby's room in varying shades of grey.  I had been warned, accosted, heckled, ridiculed, shamed, besmirched, driven out of town, even!  The very thought!  A grey room for a baby!?  I, however, had faith that my ideas and actions were indeed noble.  So I fought on for the liberty of posh baby boys everywhere, and Zim was their cause personified.  I would not let him down.  Grey it would be! Naysayers be darned!  Darned I say!!!




This video is my first attempt at documenting the process, so that explains the clumsy camera work.  More to come, stay tuned....






"I see a smiling face, and fireplace, a cozy room.  A little nest that's nestled where the roses bloom.  
Just Molly and me, and baby makes three.  We're happy in my, blue heaven."


4 comments:

Whitney said...

You are SO TALENTED! I adore these "style" sheets that you put together. Can't wait to see how it progresses.

Cuyler said...

Kyle, you are truly talented and inspire me always. <3

Yankee in Savannah said...

Hey, that's my son! Kyle, you're the only person we know who is talented enough to create a room for Super Zim.

Pamela said...

I am inspired by your inspiration!
xo!